Friday, August 31, 2012

Thoughts about Interviews

What's the Latest
Those of you who've been following my blog for a while (launched in January 2010)—know that I like to interview artists. I like the contact, hearing what they have to say and seeing their work. It is my intention that my efforts on the blogosphere can give a boost to other artists and help them more accessible to the general web-reading public.

I looked back to find that since May, 2010, I have interviewed 71 artists from all over the US. Sheesh. I impress myself!



Some of the interviews were in 2 parts, one (Ted Larsen) was via telephone. (I don't like to be a transcriber…but he was fun to interview.) Each artist had something different to say and their own unique work to show. Not that quantity is what I was after, but that's allota interviews!


What you may not know is how much time it takes to complete a blog post. It takes a few hours, usually more. I have been prioritizing my studio time over blogging, and well, you see the results. (Or some of the effects, anyhow!) I've been busy on a new series of work and updating my website this summer.

Short-Term Interview Plan

Over the past 6 months I've been posting interviews less frequently. I'm not real happy about this, so I came up with a solution. My plan for the next several months is to shorten the artist interviews, making them quicker to post. This way, you will still have a brief on an artist and can do more research on your own, if you wish.

While I may not be able to go into as much detail about each artist, I expect to post condensed interviews on a more frequent basis than I have recently.

I did have another goal for creating this blog, and that was to post more about myself and my own work in progress and general studio news. I hope to shift the focus of this blog with a bit more about my work and art endeavors in the coming months. There, I said it! Soon you'll get to see the other side; some of my new work that is done with paint....

Stay tuned…

PS Here's who's coming up soon...
  • Charyl Weissbach
  • Cherie Mittenthal
  • Lynda Ray
  • Lynne Basa

PLEASE let me know what you think, and leave your comments! Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Amy Arledge said...

I love your blog and very much enjoy your artist interviews. Condensed interviews of other artists sounds good; as I was reading this post, I was worried you were going to say you were stopping the interviews altogether. Glad that's not the case! Thanks for all the time you spend on your blog, sharing information and art work with your readers! I'm looking forward to learning more about you and your work in the coming months!

CMC said...

Good for you, Lynette. I know that you have to spend a tremendous amount of time with these interviews. I have loved reading them as well as having been one of them. That said, I want to hear more about you, your process and little things about YOU.
So, give us an interview or intro to a new artist now and then, paint a lot in your studio and I will be happy to get to know you better.

Lynette Haggard said...

Amy, no I'm not ready to stop the interviews yet, so don't worry. Glad you enjoy them. Thanks for commenting.

Lynette Haggard said...

Thanks Cheryl! I plan to interview myself at some point. That should be interesting!! Thanks for the comments.